Well, it’s finally happening. The
former biggest restroom in Center City former Borders that was located downstairs from 160over90 has a brand new tenant. And as much as we wanted it to be Red Lobster (or Red Lobster’s hip, urban cousin, CitiLobster*), turns out it’s going to be a Walgreen’s. Less exciting, right? Obviously. But! It might be a little more than less exciting, or at least less than the less exciting you thought it might be.
See, it’s not going to be just any Walgreen’s, it’s going to be one of those flagship urban cornerstone prototype super Walgreen’s. And while no one knows exactly what that means they’ll have besides the normal goods and sundries, we’ve sure been doing a lot of guessing. Here are some of those guesses. Keep in mind that we are all very tired:
- Sushi bar
- Sushi conveyer belt
- Shark tank
- The set of “Shark Tank,” that ABC show that’s still on the air for some reason
- An organic food section that they’ll try to get people to call WalGREEN’s, but it won’t really catch on. Because am I supposed to yell the second syllable? I don’t understand. You’re not making any sense, WalGREEN’s.
- WALLgreens, a wall display of walls, although honestly I think they’re going to run into the same issues as with WalGREEN’s.
- Another, smaller Walgreen’s: Walgreen’s jr.
- A free-standing Blockbuster
- A Blockbuster where you can only get the dvds in the mail
- A whole wall that’s nothing but artisanal nail trimmers
- A whole wall that’s nothing but that wall from Game of Thrones
- Ball pit
- A Rite Aid, but like, cleaner.
- I dunno, man. I’m just excited to not have to walk to that weird CVS down on 15th to get the Pepto I require due to eating nothing but off-brand Cheddar Bay biscuits for the last three months.
- Dammit, why couldn’t it have just been a Red Lobster.
*the lobster is wearing a fedora. it looks ridiculous.