160over90. 14 years. 110+ employees. 3 offices. Some of us have worked here for over a decade and others for just over a week. But, regardless of the length of time, we’ve all learned a thing or two from our colleagues, our bosses, and our clients. So in honor of it being Thursday, we put together a few of our favorites. Without further ado, here are 59 things we’ve learned from working at 160over90…
1. There is literally a process for everything.
2. We’ll literally lose it if you use “literally” wrong.
3. We’re all die-hard soccer fans. During the World Cup.
4. We should buy stock in Old Nelson.
5. Sometimes we hire our interns.
6. We have quite the collection of action figures, bobble-heads, and stuffed animals…
7. We wrote a book.
8. Don’t celebrate until it runs. And even then, wait until you get the results.
9. 4PM on Friday is our favorite time.
10. We’re on a first name basis at TIME.
11. It IS possible to work ‘round the clock.
12. How to save the world one sans serif at a time.
13. Never underestimate young people in denim.
14. We’re Mac people.
15. The chance to work with a big brand isn’t worth it if you don’t respect the people behind it.
16. Sharing an office is the norm.
17. Business casual is not our style.
18. It’s cool to rep the home team. E-A-G-L-E-S.
19. 160’s home to the strangest browser history you’ve ever seen.
20. We work in trees.
21. You’re bound to be 110’d.
22. Swipe is an inspiration.
23. Keynote. All day, everyday.
24. Job numbers. Everything needs a job number. Literally everything.
25. Don’t print in color.
26. Our CEO speaks four languages fluently.
28. We meet in Girls.
29. Our work speaks for itself.
30. We have tattoos. LOTS of tattoos.
31. Late timesheets cost $8.21. Out. Of. Your. Pocket.
32. Miller Highlife really is the champagne of beers.
33. One of us used to clean dead people’s apartments.
34. Have a long name? Don’t worry; we’ll shorten it for you.
35. The fridge is always stocked.
36. The men’s room is hidden.
37. Your script is too long.
38. Cyberduck says Bon Jour.
39. Going ‘downstairs’ for lunch really means eating at Walgreens.
40. Always be prepared for a ‘Who wore it best’ ‘gram.
41. We have a library.
42. It’s always time for candy. Always.
43. Brouhaha. It’s how we get things done.
44. There’s a dorm room.
45. We win awards.
46. Our CCO wears flip-flops.
47. We’ve had a client for over a decade.
48. We’ve mastered the art of talking to 17-year-olds.
49. We’re bicoastal.
50. We’re more likely to layout brand art on the Ping-Pong than to actually play.
51. We’ve got a view of William Penn’s derrière.
52. Gone in 37 seconds…any free food.
53. We played college sports.
54. Don’t erase the whiteboards.
56. On the Airbus 321, you can’t beat Seat 10F.
57. No matter how many times you tell a copywriter that the phrase “cutting edge” is cliché and meaningless, they’ll still try and work it into the copy.
58. How to say “no” with reasoning and respect.
59. The work you’re about to see is not real.